$100,000 STEM seminar: Applying for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Important, you must bring a laptop computer to attend this event.
Location: UMBC Campus, Sherman Building, Room 003 (Lecture Hall IV)
Parking: If you are not a UMBC student, please use the pay-to-park stations. Click here for parking map. The nearest pay-to-park station to the venue is located in the top of Administration Drive garage.
The National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF GRFP) has been in existence for many years. The fellowships are available to students in STEM (social sciences and psychology are included) and STEM education, and come with a 3-year stipend and other benefits.
See the information provided in the Detailed Eligibility Requirements of the solicitation.
Applicants must self-certify that they are eligible to receive the Fellowship. To be eligible, an applicant must meet all of the following eligibility criteria by the application deadline:
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Intend to enroll or be enrolled full-time in a research-based graduate degree program in an eligible Field of Study in STEM or STEM education (psychology and social sciences included)
- Have never previously accepted a GRFP award
- If previously offered a GRFP award, have declined by the deadline
- Have never previously applied to GRFP while enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Have never earned a doctoral or terminal degree in any field
- Have never earned a master’s, professional, or bachelor’s-master’s degree in any field, unless (i) returning to graduate study after an interruption of two (2) or more consecutive years immediately preceding the deadline, and; (ii) are not enrolled in a graduate degree program at the application deadline
- Not be a current NSF employee
For more information about the NSF GRFP please visit: https://www.nsfgrfp.org/
To attend this event please email email@example.com subject: NSF GRFP and add your name, campus and department.