ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
GEM-ASEE Doctoral Engineering Research Showcase
January 22-23, 2018
Second Round deadline for Presenter and Participant applications is December 31, 2017 (EXTENDED)
*Applications/registrations are now open.*
Dear GEM PhD Fellows, PhD Fellow Alumni, University Reps and Employer Reps:
THERE IS STILL TIME TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT!
Applications are now being accepted for a first-of-its-kind Doctoral Engineering Research Showcase sponsored by the National GEM Consortium and the American Society for Engineering Education. Doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows, and new faculty are invited to display their leading-edge technical research and connect with potential agency sponsors and academic employers. You will present your research—which may be interdisciplinary or a single engineering discipline—in poster format. This event will be held in conjunction with an Agency/University Fair that will feature representatives from government research agencies and universities seeking to hire faculty. The showcase also will feature interactive breakout sessions on (a) advancing a research program and managing the research enterprise; (b) innovations in teaching and the promotion of learning; (c) professional service opportunities; and (d) maintaining work-life balance.
For our GEM Universities and Employers, exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities are available. If you are interested in recruiting diverse PhD and Post-Doc level talent, you need to be at this event! We are seeking sponsors for student travel grants to the event. Full space sponsored ad space is available as well. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Below are just a few of our confirmed Speakers:
- Dr. James E. Hubbard, Jr., Langley Distinguished Professor, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland
- Dr. Kimberly Jones, Professor and Chair, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Howard University
- Dr. C. Dianne Martin, Retired Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Professor of Computer Science, George Washington University
- Dr. Emily Miller, Associate Vice President for Policy, Association of American Universities
- Dr. Daryll Pines, Dean and the Nariman Farvardin Professor of Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland
- Dr. Lorena Barba, Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering, George Washington University
- And more to be announced!
Registration fees are just $50 for doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows, and $150 for new faculty members (within 14 months of their initial appointment). Student/Post-Docs are strongly encouraged to register to participate in the POSTER SESSION as well to share your current research. This also creates the opportunity for you to have travel sponsored to the showcase by your university or lab.
The 2nd round application deadline is Dec. 31, 2018 (EXTENDED).
Apply online at: https://www.asee.org/public/events
Please view out short promotional video is available.
Exhibitor table and Sponsorship opportunities are also available at: https://www.asee.org/public/events
This event is partially underwritten by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.